Thursday, July 15, 2010

The flutter sensation, was that you?

“ You are now about the size of an avocado (about 5 inches / 11.6 centimeters long from crown to rump and weighing approximately 4 ounces / 100 grams). In the next three weeks you’ll go through a tremendous growth spurt, doubling your weight and adding inches to your length.

In or out of the womb, babies are playful creatures. You may already have discovered your first toy - the umbilical cord - which you enjoy pulling and grabbing. Sometimes you may even clutch it so tight that less oxygen gets through, but don’t hold onto it long enough to harm yourself. The circulatory system and urinary tract are in full working order, and you are inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid through your lungs”



16th week, and I am happier than ever…realizing that I vomit less, and very much enjoying everyday food feast. Everyday, I go for my soto at office sharp at 10am. I never liked rose syrup before but it does now seem to be one of my favourites. Soto and syrup is becoming my routine. Even the soto uncle knew what I’m going to order as soon as he sees me. He will then prepare what I want and I get my mee hoon soto as soon as I sit. Hehe..how kind! For lunch, I prefer nasi (eventhough before I get pregnant I seldom take nasi for lunch – noodles used to be my favourite)..and I usually end up taking the same thing for almost everyday. It’s either nasi + pajeri terung + telur masin or nasi goreng ikan masin or nasi putih with squid padprik.. Like I always tell daddy, I have a very “kampong” pregnancy. Western food and fast food is totally out of my liking.

Last weekend, I decided to only stay home with daddy. Or, maybe I was having “sleepy syndrome” where I sleep tak kira masa or tempat..haishh.. I just don’t want to go out! On Sunday afternoon, your Uncle Iran has bought apam balik. I did not know at first until I saw daddy was holding it. That looked damn good. Here’s another weird thing….i never liked apam balik before and it suddenly looks very tasty to me. I was drooling and yet still a bit lazy to go out to grab one. I waited and lie down flat on the bed until the urge to eat apam balik comes back. Went out and look around but I don’t see apam balik at all…. “Where are the apam baliks???” I asked the two maids and they just rose up their shoulders telling me that they have no idea. Asked around and to my disappointment, the apam balik is already finished. I quickly turned back to my room knowing that the tears would drop in second. In the room, I approached daddy telling him the apam balik has already finished. When he saw that I’m crying because of that apam balik he was soooooo much in shock. “It’s just apam balik, darling….why are you crying?” ..I instantly felt that question wasn’t helpful at all. “But I want that apam balik!” I nearly yelled in so much frustration. “Okay, if you want that apam balik we can ask Iran where he bought it from, we go straight away and get it, and you can eat panas2…!” trying to pujuk me, hubby said in a very sweet tone. “But why you didn’t offer me just now? You ate it alone never think about me?”…erghhh, I don’t understand why I said that. But very emotionally I was, hubby came closer and said “I’m sorry..lets get the apam balik now…want or not?” patting my head and give me a very warm hug. “Let’s go!” like a melted ice-cream under the hot sun, I agree. I started to smile and change my sleep wear to something nicer. At last, I got my apam balik and get to eat it panas2..it taste just marvelous. The conclusion here, I can be very emotional at times over something which daddy doesn’t think it really matters to me. It’s hard to predict (I understand when I get my “consciousness” back) a pregnant lady feelings over something/someone and I promise to try not to give hard time to daddy anymore…hehehe..SORRY DADDY!

That was my apam balik story, my baby boo!

I started to know how miracle happens when I have you. I was hoping more amazing things to happen during this pregnancy. Yesterday when I was in front of my computer at my workstation I felt a flutter sensation. I knew from my readings that, expectant mother can already feel (if they are lucky enough) the baby movement as early as 15th week. At first, I thought I was hungry, regaining my memory…I just had a full Tupperware of nasi lemak and it’s close to impossible that I feel hungry again in that short period of time. Still in denial, I did not believe my instinct that says it was you maybe doing some acrobatic stunts inside my tummy. I just let go when I felt the same sensation on the way back home. I was singing in the car and suddenly I felt like there’s a worm crawling in my tummy….and being stupid me (I blame the “baby brain syndrome”) I thought it really was a worm…hehe. I wanted to believe it was you but again, I don’t want to put so much hope on it. Psssttt..if it was really you..can you do that again??????? Please……..!

So my baby boo, have fun in mommy’s hotel. Keep on giggling and wiggling!

4 comments:

  1. yang,mommy's hotel k.sooooo suhweeeeet.take care k

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnks. bila aunty azie nk visit baby boo and mommy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, the joy of motherhood... now u made me wanna go pregnant again! but i have to save that thought for now. can't even handle eshan let alone get another one.

    ReplyDelete